The Quesnel Regional Airport is located at the north end of Quesnel between Highway 97 and the Fraser River. Pilots can locate the Airport two nautical miles from the City’s center, 55 nautical miles south of Prince George and 55 nautical miles north of Williams Lake.
The airport is certified for public use, day and night VFR/IFR operations.
The airport has one runway, 13/31, that is 5501' by 200'. There is a NDB approach and GPS approaches on Runway 13 and 31. See CAP for details.
There is a touchdown pad for helicopter operations located just north of APRON 1.
Fuel and Fees
The Airport offers 100LL and Jet A w/Additive fuel. Both types of fuel can be purchased using Visa, Mastercard or Fleet Account Cards through a 24-hour self-serve cardreader system. Fleet Cards can be obtained from the Airport Administration Office at (250) 992-2208. A single point nozzle is available for your convenience. Quality control is carried out regularly.
Note: Jet fuel pumping capacity: 220 litres per minute.
Landing and general terminal fees are in effect for jet and turbo-prop aircraft.
Parking fees are in effect for all aircraft; daily, monthly and annual rates available. Private aircraft weighing less than 2000 kg receive free parking for the first four nights of a stay in any calendar month.
Electrical plug-ins are available on apron and in aircraft parking area south of apron. Fees apply.
Other Amenities at YQZ
Operations Building (directly east of the main apron, use last 3 digits Emergency Frequency to enter Operations Building and Flight Planning Room):
- Flight Planning room
- Direct telephone line to Kamloops FIC
- Free local telephone line
- Local area information brochures and area wall map
- Aircraft Parking Cash Payment Box - private aircraft up to 2000 kg, first 4 nights are free
- Pilot's Lounge and Kitchen
- Women's and Men's washrooms with free showers
- Free WIFI internet access including computer and printer
Fly-in Air Park - camp close to your aircraft (Operated jointly by Quesnel Regional Airport
and Quesnel Flying Club. Located south of the main apron.):
- free tenting area that includes a large gazebo, picnic tables, fire-pit, barbecue, cold water tap, and a dry toilet (washrooms with free showers located in Operations Building)